Wednesday 5 August 2009

"My art is a miracle"


Last night I watched Bronson; A spectacular film by Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn. Refn takes a unique approach, drawing on dazzling the works of Baz Luhrman to give a very highly stylised approach to what could've been a dull documentary about Britain's most famous prisoner.
Mirroring Charles Bronson's talent for art, it shows his violence and brutality almost as an expressive dance, with a soaring soundtrack that has everything from Puccini, to Scott Walker and Kraftwerk. Tom Hardy, an actor clearly overlooked for too long, oozes charm and testosterone in a brilliant performance as the lead, aside from the physical dedication needed for such a role, his acting was magnificent - truly award-winning stuff; I look forward to seeing more from this very magnetic man.


I also discovered the website "The Auteurs"; A website that seems to combine everything cinephile with social networking. Ultimately, I like it because it focusses on auteurs, which, as I follow auteurs, makes it easy for me to find news, information and rumours about directors and films I'm interested in! Feel free to follow me, my user name is Square Glasses.

No comments: